After I got home from work today and did my workout, I did not feel like cooking. I had some chicken thighs defrosting but no real plans for it. AM jumped at the chance to make something tasty and easy. I can always count on him to pick up my slack…haha.
He likes to just throw stuff together and experiment. He’s that type of cook. I’m more by the book and like to read and follow recipes, but making it my own by substituting ingredients or changing up the proportions or both. Tonight I was just not in the mood so AM took charge in the kitchen! He usually comes up with simple meals that can be replicated easily. Tonight was a prime example of this. Oh, and welcome to our Quick & Easy recipe series. Enjoy!
PAN FRIED CHICKEN THIGHS
(Recipe by AM)
Serving size: 2-4
4 medium size chicken thighs or large drumsticks
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons dried rosemary
1 tablespoon garlic powder
pinch of salt
1. Rub chicken thighs with rosemary, garlic powder, and salt.
2. In a saute pan, add oil, on medium.
3. Once oil is hot, add the chicken thighs to pan.
4. Cook about 10 minutes or until golden brown.
5. Flip the chicken and cook another 10 minutes or until golden brown.
6. Flip again and cook another 5-10 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked. Chicken should not be pink or bloody.
On a side note: I just purchased a new lens for my camera. Hopefully the pictures will be better going forward, starting with this entry.